- GB 1534 CLCBLG/4
- 1969 - 1989
Series contains material relating to A Woman's Place (AWP), a feminist collective and women's resource centre based at the Greater London Council-owned Hungerford House, Victoria Embankment, London. AWP was active from the early 1970s to around 1986, when the GLC (who funded their activities) was abolished by Margaret Thatcher's administration; during its lifespan, AWP was an invaluable information and resource hub for women.
Series includes meeting minutes and agendas, correspondence, research reports, flyers and posters for feminist and lesbian feminist events, questionnaires, health literature, and more. File 4/3 Related feminist and women's material includes a sizeable collection of material relating to local, national and international women's campaigns, including newsletters and health literature.
A Woman's Place